Eric, my resident taster, likes it hot.
I like it cold.
…and someday, I’ll ask Katie Perry what she thinks.
Here is what you need.The list may look long and therefore automatically difficult, complicated and too hard. You are wrong, wrong, wrong. Take 10 minutes at the grocery store to pick it up and 20 minutes to make it and you’ve got a real 30 minute meal for 4 under $30. Some are fearful of such a recipe they are exploring other careers…
Here’s what you need:
- 2 Cans of Garbanzo Beans
- 1 1/2 Red, Yellow or Orange Bell Peppers
- 2 Tomatoes, or 1 Beefsteak (the ginormous ones)
- Green Onion
- White Onion
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dry Yellow Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Chop 1/4 of white onion and mince one clove of garlic in soup pot with just enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until softened on medium high heat.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp of cayenne (or less if you don’t like SPICY–I mean it!), 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp dry yellow mustard and a shake of nutmeg.
- Add frozen chicken breast and enough water to cover the chicken. Boil uncovered for 10 minutes or until mixture reduces and thickens.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain remaining liquid into processor or mixing bowl. Add 2-3 spoonfuls of sour cream and soy sauce to thicken mix.
- Pour dressing over cut up tomatoes, bell peppers, chicken and garbanzo beans. Top with green onions and serve. Unless you are Eric, in which case, put it on a plate and microwave it for a minute and a half; or heat it in the soup pot from before for several minutes on medium heat until hot.